We’re open and accepting reservations for Summer & Fall 2020!
NEW YORK STATE COVID19 UPDATE (8/1/20):
NYS Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today that a number of states meet the metrics to qualify for the travel advisory requiring individuals who have traveled to New York from those states, all of which have significant community spread, to quarantine for 14 days.
As part of our policy in complying with New York State requirements, if you are from the following listed States we ask that you reschedule your stay with us for no fee. Unfortunately we cannot accept reservations from guests living in or coming from these states as a result.
Based upon Governor Cuomo’s Executive Order 205, issued June 25, 2020, the following states and territories meet the criteria for required quarantine:
Alabama | Alaska | Arizona | Arkansas | California | Delaware | District of Columbia | Florida | Georgia | Idaho | Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Kansas | Kentucky | Louisiana | Maryland | Minnesota | Mississippi | Missouri | Montana | Nebraska | Nevada | New Mexico | North Carolina | North Dakota | Ohio | Oklahoma | Puerto Rico | South Carolina | Tennessee | Texas | Utah | Virginia | Washington | Wisconsin
This is based upon a seven day rolling average, of positive tests in excess of 10%, or number of positive cases exceeding 10 per 100,000 residents. Travelers failing to comply with the restrictions and quarantine expectations will be subject to a $2000 fine per person.
We are committed to our guests’ health and safety
With the evolving situation surrounding COVID19, we have raised our already high standards of cleanliness and safety around the Inn. Cooperstown remains the perfect, quiet getaway for you to enjoy the picturesque Summer and Fall in Upstate New York. The White House Inn has consulted with local medical professionals on public health precautions and continues to follow all New York State guidelines. We take our guest’s health safety very seriously at The White House Inn and want to ensure your confidence and comfort when booking your stay with us.
Please keep checking back as we update our COVID19 response daily. Since May we have taken the time to consider multiple measures and protocols that have been implemented throughout the Inn. Our staff have been trained in all health standards and practices so they safely greet and serve you throughout your stay. Cooperstown continues to offer fantastic entertainment and dining options, all meeting the high safety standards we set for our guests. Ask us to help you set an itinerary or you can order in from a number of local restaurants.
The White House Inn Health & Safety Measures
- We follow best practices to maintain the highest level of housekeeping and disinfecting standards.
- We ask that all guests maintain 6′ social distancing with other guests and wear a mask while entering or using our indoor public spaces. Complimentary masks will be available for guests.
- We have provided individual hand sanitizer in every guest room as well as stations at every entrance to the Inn.
- All White House staff are asked to take forehead temperatures daily before they are able to perform their shift duties.
- All staff and vendors are required to wear masks and gloves at all times.
- While ‘family-style seating’ has always been one of our favorite ways to serve you breakfast, we have arranged our seating to allow for proper social distancing while you enjoy your gourmet meal to start the day. We have also added on outdoor breakfast patio so you can enjoy the gorgeous Cooperstown mornings with that fresh cup of coffee.
- Once you have checked in, your room will not be entered by any staff member of the inn unless you request it. We will provide regular daily down-service at request.
- Public and high-touch areas are cleaned and sanitized multiple times throughout the day and evening by our staff.
- Each of our rooms and public spaces have been deep cleaned and sanitized after each check out with extra attention spent to high-touch areas. We have removed any non-essential items such as magazines and books. If you would like one, please let us know!
- All bed linens are washed in hot water, on the steam setting with disinfectant added to each load.
- Towels and toiletries can be replenished by contacting our front desk staff.
- The pool is open! We will ask that no more than 4 people swim at a time and that social distancing continues in the pool area. All handrails, chairs, and seating is disinfected throughout the day for your safe use.
2020 Hall of Fame Updates
As a result of health and safety concerns, the National Baseball Hall of Fame announced the cancellation of the 2020 Hall of Fame Induction. We are of course saddened by this announcement, but look forward to 2021 with Derek Jeter, Larry Walker, and the other new inductees.
“Induction Weekend is a celebration of our National Pastime and its greatest legends, and while we are disappointed to cancel this incredibly special event, the Board of Directors’ overriding concern is the health and well-being of our new inductees, our Hall of Fame members, our wonderful fans and the hundreds of staff it takes to present the weekend’s events in all of its many facets,” said Jane Forbes Clark, Chairman of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum. “We care deeply about every single person who visits Cooperstown.”
“In heeding the advice of government officials as well as federal, state and local medical and scientific experts, we chose to act with extraordinary caution in making this decision,” Clark continued. “The Board of Directors has decided that the Class of 2020 will be inducted and the 2020 Award Winners will be honored as part of next summer’s Hall of Fame Weekend, taking place July 23-26, 2021.”
2021 Hall of Fame – Looking Ahead to Your Stay in Cooperstown
We are currently completely booked for the July 23-26, 2021 weekend. However, we have a number of associated properties for your consideration. All Hall of Fame weekend reservations have a Four Night Minimum. Please call to reserve your 2021 Hall of Fame weekend dates.
White Ash Suites is on 171-173 Main Street, a 5 minute walk up the street from the Hall of Fame.
Glen Avenue Suites is 6 blocks (0.5 miles) from the Hall of Fame and a 12 minute walk from the Clark Sports Center Field, the site of the Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony.